Dr. Alfano has been protecting and perfecting smiles for over 24 years. He’s a fully certified prosthodontist, which makes him an expert on providing dental implants, veneers, crowns, and other prosthetic devices. At Balboa Island Dentistry, Dr. Alfano serves patients from Newport Beach and the surrounding areas.
Dr. Alfano provides complete dental care on Balboa Island for our patients in Newport Beach and the surrounding area. Our patients have grown to trust him so much that it’s not uncommon for them to drive several hours for a single appointment. Dr. Alfano provides outstanding care. In fact, he frequently does revision work on patients who did not receive the proper treatment from their previous dentist.
After graduating from the University of Texas Dental School in San Antonio, Dr. Alfano earned an additional degree and board certification in Prosthodontics. This is one of the nine areas of dental specialization that’s officially recognized by the ADA. As a prosthodontist, Dr. Alfano has advanced training in the design, manufacturing, and fitting of dental implants and other types of dental prostheses.
Dr. Alfano’s Professional Memberships Include:
- The American College of Prosthodontists
- The American Academy of Maxillofacial Prosthetics
- The Academy of Osseointegration
- The American Dental Association
- The California Dental Association
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose the right dentist?
It’s crucial that you trust your dentist and feel confident in the treatment you receive. Here are 5 helpful tips for choosing the best dentist:
- Check their qualifications. Your dentist should be certified by the American Dental Association (ADA) and actively pursue continuing education to remain at the forefront of their field.
- Make sure your insurance plan is accepted.
- Get recommendations from friends, family, and doctors you trust.
- For your convenience and peace of mind, choose a dentist who can meet all of your family’s needs. You don’t want to juggle appointments with a separate pediatric, cosmetic, and restorative dentist if it’s not necessary.
- Make sure you feel comfortable with not only your prospective dentist, but with the entire practice as a whole. Visit the office and talk with other staff members before your appointment to ensure you always receive the compassionate care you expect.
What questions should I ask my dentist?
When you’re looking for a new dentist, it’s a good idea to interview them so you can be sure they’ll meet all of your specific needs. Questions you should ask include:
- How long have you been practicing?
- Where did you study?
- Do you hold any advanced certifications?
- What professional associations are you a member of?
- Have you received any awards or honors?
- Can you show me patient reviews and before-and-after photos?